As well as delicious and extensive breakfasts, we offer evening meals to guests and non-residents, by arrangement. These are on a set menu basis and draw inspiration from traditional and world cuisine. Colour and flavour will be paramount. We aim to use the best local, fairly-traded, home produced and/or organic produce we can obtain.
Fresh fruit salad, juice, cereals, home-made muesli, freshly baked
bread and preserves, and...
Cooked breakfast, including scrambled tofu, tomatoes, beans, vegan sausage, potato rosti, spinach, mushrooms, toast
Tea/ coffee/herbal /fruit drink
We hope the following will tempt you! All dishes are subject to availability of ingredients. First person to book a meal can choose, or plan with fellow guests. Only one choice available for each course. The list is not exhaustive, do suggest other things as well!
- Carrot and coconut soup - rich and filling
- Roasted tomato soup - best when tomatoes are in season, summer
- Asparagus, with lemon sauce, or not. Best when in season, May.
- Carrot and orange soup - light
- Mushroom soup
- French onion soup
- Warm pear salad with walnuts, subject to availability of nice pears
- Mezze - houmous, olive tapenade, etc. - can be main course
- Sushi - can be served as a main course.
- Pasta with artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and olives, when available
- Corn chowder - thick and filling
- Artichoke and carrot soup - in season, winter and early spring
- Lentil and tomato dahl
- Mushroom, puy lentil and walnut pate
- Filled mushrooms - lemon and garlic
- Leek and potato soup - warming, not liquidised
- Pasta salad
- Filo parcels, tend to be one mushroom and one tomato
- Sweetcorn fritters, can be main course
All served with home baked rolls or bread
- Thai green curry - coconutty, not very hot
- Quinoa filled pepper, with currants and capers, with rich tomato sauce
- Nut roast, made with roasted nuts, with gravy
- Mixed curries - at least three different vegetable curries,
- Vegetable satay
- Spice crusted tofu with maple syrup and lemon glaze
- Butterbean and mushroom puff pastry or filo parcel
- Minted couscous with lemon and rosemary infused roast vegetables
- Spinach lasagne
- Asparagus, broad bean, mushroom or pepper risotto, depending on availability and season
- Moussaka - aubergine based dish
- Tagine - spicy
- Shepherds pie
- Sweetcorn fritters
- Mushroom, spinach and sun dried tomato flan
All served with vegetables or salad, according to preference or availability and suitability
- Steamed ginger and fruit pudding with lemony sauce
- Pan fried pineapple, with or without rum - light dessert
- Chocolate or fruit sorbet, depending upon availability.
- Pear, almond and amaretto filo or puff pastry tartlet, again, dependent upon availability of good pears
- Chocolate pots, with or without cointreau or other spirit! - tiny pots of intense chocolatyness
- Blackcurrant or other fruit tartlet, depending on availability, seasonal
- Spiced apple and pecan or walnut crumble, or rhubarb, or gooseberry, depending on season and availability
- Fruit kebabs with chocolate sauce
- Rhubarb or other fruit trifle, seasonal
- Poached pear in red wine - subject to availability of good pears
- Strawberries with hazelnut shortcake
- Sticky toffee pudding
- Bakewell tart
- Applet tart
- Chocolate and pecan tart
- Rum marinated fruits with coconut and lime cream
- Lemon or lime cheesecake
- Michael house mess, meringue, fruit, cream, or meringue nest
- Chocolate mousse
- Bread and butter pudding
- Lemon meringue pie
All meals finished with hot drink and chocolates. £21.00, three course, £16.50, any two courses (same 2 courses please!). All dishes are vegan. Always happy to try out new things! Always happy to be asked for a surprise, if you prefer, or to be told only the things you would prefer not to have. Children's menus can also be devised around preferences. Sauces and accompaniment can be swapped around. I use alcohol in my cooking quite extensively.
We are licensed and carry a small selection of wine, beer and soft drinks.